Parametric Technology Corporation (PTC)
Job Req Number: 11298BR
PTC Company Description PTC provides leading Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), content management and dynamic publishing software solutions to more than 50,000 companies worldwide. The company was formed in 1985, is publicly traded on Nasdaq (Nasdaq: PMTC) and is the largest software company headquartered in Massachusetts. PTC customers include many of the world's most innovative companies in manufacturing, publishing, services, government and life sciences industries. PTC is included in the S&P Midcap 400 and Russell 2000 indices. FY 2007 revenue: $942 million. PTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
Job Description for Advertising Purposes: PTC is seeking a creative, experienced software product designer to join our Product Definition team. We are responsible for designing the functional behavior and user experience of several PTC product families, including Pro/ENGINEER, ProductView, and the Windchill Workgroup Managers (WGMs) for a variety of PTC and third-party content authoring applications.
• Guide multi-disciplinary team to translate complex business requirements into usable user interfaces for enterprise web applications.
• Provide interface design expertise from concept development through delivery.
• Develop solutions that work within constraints of platform limitations, underlying architecture, and aggressive deadlines.
• Design and develop prototypes, storyboards, and documents suitable for use in usability tests, cross-functional team meetings, customer evaluations and reviews with senior management.
• Promote, practice and implement user-centered design principles and methodologies.
• Establish usability goals for the applications and generate long-term usability plans, including participation in usability testing during various phases of product development.
• Mentor colleagues in areas of personal expertise.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• 5+ years experience designing the user experience for mass-deployed commercial software products (or related area) is required.
• Strong diagnostic and troubleshooting skills for complex design problems are required.
• Demonstrable design expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures is required.
• Expertise in the software development life cycle and process improvement is required.
• Proven ability to apply communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills to drive results in a multi-disciplinary environment is required.
• Background in mechanical design/drafting is not required, but would be a significant advantage.
• Degree in human factors, design, or related area is preferred.
• Bachelor degree in related field
Experience in one of below areas is required:
• User Interface Designer
• Usability Engineer
• Information Architect
• HCI (Human Computer Interaction) Designer or Engineer
APPLY ONLINE AT: http://www.ptc.com/company/employment/careers.htm
click "search openings" search keyword "11298BR"