UX Watercooler

A community for anyone interested in user experience design

Usability Testing Slides from OpenSpace, June 2008

This past Saturday, June 7, Lisa Harris and I presented at OpenSpace, an event held in conjunction with a Microsoft Tec.Ed event in Orlando. Great big shout out to Nikita Polyakov for organizing this event and for sharing the information with us and encouraging a UX session.

A slideshow of the presentation are attached. Lisa and I were delighted by the interest in this topic. About 20 people, mostly developers, attended the 30-minute presentation, and a number of attendees joined us after at our discussion table for more detail.

Usability testing is a big topic to cover in 30 minutes, and we warned that no one was going to leave an expert. Instead, we hoped that the overview would help attendees learn how to pursue the topic further and encouraged them to check out the references in the slides as well as UX Watercooler. If you attended, we'd love to hear from you and have you join our community.

I wish we could have also participated on Sunday, but as I had just returned from the STC conference in Philadelphia on Thursday, my energy and my voice were pretty depleted at that point. However, this was such as great experience that I would welcome the chance to go again and recommend that you consider attending future events as well.

Views: 7

Attachments:

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Karen Bachmann.   Powered by

Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service